What is OSP?
OSP is nothing but the abbreviated form of ‘Other Service Provider’. A company providing Application Services is said to be Other Service Provider. ‘Application Services’ means providing services such as e tele-banking, tele-medicine,tele-education, tele-trading, e-commerce, call centre, network operation centre and other IT Enabled Services, by using Telecom Resources provided by Authorised Telecom Service Providers.
‘OSP Centre’ is the infrastructure at a location in India which is used by the OSP for providing the Application Services. ‘Domestic OSP’ means the OSP providing the Application Services within national boundaries. ‘International OSP’ means the OSP providing the Application Services beyond national boundaries.
What are the types of DOT license?
- Domestic DOT OSP License – Domestic OSP license is required if the calling is only within India. The international calling is not allowed with this type of registration.
- International DOT Licence – International DOT licence is required if the calling is only outside India. Domestic calling is not allowed in this type of registration
- Domestic and International registration – This type of license enables you to call both in India and outside India as well. The requirements of combined license is that the centre should be minimum 50 seater and the bank gurantee of Rs 50 lakh is to be furnished to the government.
DOT OSP license is required by everyone planning to start a call centre, BPO or KPO. The basic requirement is that the applicant should be a Private Limited Company or a LLP. The DOT license application is a complete online process and can be obtained in 15 days. More information can be found here. BusinessSetup is the top OSP DOT Licence registration consultant in Delhi, Gurgaon, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Faridabad and Bangalore
Registration may be granted to any company to provide Application Services. The entities entitled for OSP registration must be a company registered under Indian Companies Act, 1956. A company can apply for registration to the Authority in the pro-forma prescribed by the Authority from time to time.
Terms & Condition for OSP Operation
- The OSP shall take the Telecom Resources from an Authorised Telecom Service Provider only
- The Authorised Telecom provide resources to the OSP after examining the network diagram of the network proposed to be set up by the OSP and after ensuring its bonafide use. OSPs shall submit a copy of the network diagram approved by the Telecom Service Provider to VTM Cells for records and verification.
- OSP may have internet connectivity from the Authorised Internet Service Provider.
- OSP is permitted to share the Telecom bandwidth with other activities of the same Company or group of companies.
Network Diagram for DOT OSP License
- Details of ISP provider
- Firewall details
Documents To Be Submitted
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by Registrar of CompanyMemorandum and Article of AssociationBoard resolution or Power of Attorney authorizing the authorised signatory with attested signatures
- Nature of business / activities of the proposed OSP and all the documents must be certified with seal by either Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors or Public Notary
- If the actual information is different from the Mandatory documents the following should be submitted
- List of present Directors of the company
- Present shareholdings pattern of the company indicating equity details (Indian Equity and Foreign Equity)